The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music (BKCM) seeks an experienced Development Associate. The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of BKCM’s fundraising activities with a focus on individual giving and special events. The Development Associate will work closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Institutional Giving Manager to achieve BKCM’s fundraising goals.
Candidates should possess creativity, initiative, strong interpersonal / relationship building skills, strong organizational / project management skills and excellent verbal and writing skills. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director with a $35,000-$40,000 salary range.
- Help to execute all facets of BKCM’s annual development strategy.
Contribute to BKCM’s efforts to reach our fundraising goals with innovative, relevant, and meaningful communications, promotions, special events and strategies.
- Individual donor giving and cultivation
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with individual donors.
- Maintain donor and prospects lists.
- Conduct donor prospect research.
- Coordinate donor communications in concert with the ED and Director of Marketing.
- Provide general administrative support including maintaining donor records, processing gifts, acknowledgment letters, etc.
– Coordinate fundraising solicitations such as holiday / end of year appeal.
– Special events – help to conceive, plan, and throw special events.
– Special events will include BKCM’s signature fundraising events as well as various individual and community building events.
- Support foundation and corporate grant writing efforts as needed.
- Manage development interns as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required experience and schools
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum three years’ experience in a development or marketing capacity with demonstrated results
- Dynamic and engaging individual with a strong sense of leadership, relationship cultivation, and management.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytic, conceptual, planning, and partnership-building abilities
- Event production experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for music and/or arts education a plus
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high expectations
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Michaela.Mechlovitz@BKCM.org by Wednesday, March 29.
About the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music:
Founded in 1897 as a formal music conservatory serving 200 students, the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music now serves more than 15,000 individuals annually and collaborates with more than 50 organizations including schools, and youth, social service and senior centers, as well other arts and culture organizations and city agencies, to provide music instruction, music therapy, and performances in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan.
Mission: The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music aims to transform lives and build community through the expressive, educational and therapeutic powers of music.
Core Values: BKCM is committed to providing a nurturing environment that promotes and personifies excellence, collaboration, and community for individuals engaged in performing and music study.
BKCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.